AppleFest! & fruit tree picking/donating...
is on for 2016!!
This year the AppleFest will be September 10th.
And up until then people will be picking apple trees. If you're interested in either picking or donating apples click one of the links below. (Hint: we really need pickers)
And if you'd like to play a role in helping create the best AppleFest ever, come to an organizers meeting! Keep returning to this website for updates.
ATTENTION APPLE/FRUIT TREE PICKERS - TO PICK FRUIT GO here.
TO DONATE APPLES, CHERRIES, PLUMS, etc.. click here
AND FOR MORE DETAILS ON APPLEFEST!2016 click here
<<< UPCOMING EVENTS & WORKSHOPS >>>
August 30th 7pm AppleFest Volunteers & Sign/Poster & Map Making and MC/Scheduling Night Like to draw? Like making pretty fonts? With the AppleFest only 11 days away it's time to make some signage, informational posters and more! And we have the perfect location to do it, the Peak building at 1806 2nd Ave South has a crafts room with all the resources an artist could want. Join us for an evening of fun, excitement and creativity.
Urban Farmers Group
Planting may be done for this season but harvest time is on the way. The largest Urban Farmer project to date is the Kinsman Open Community Garden. If you wonder how you can help the KOCG there are multiple ways. Some possibilities for participation could include things like:
- Commitment to watering, weeding and general TLC of the garden
- Commitment to consuming the delicious food we grow
- Offering expert advice on how we could improve
- Assistance in putting that good advice into practice
- Hosting a workshop, event or potluck at the garden
- Assistance with harvest and garden clean up
- Possible improvements or expansions we could put into action at KOCG
If you would like to be part of the UF sub-committee or host a workshop on a specific topic relating to urban food call Charlie for more info @ 403.929.2909