<<< UPCOMING EVENTS & WORKSHOPS >>>
Sunday, May 29th starting at 9am
Kinsman Garden planting day! Also, building a rainwater catchment system on the 'Hut!
For people interested in gardening, carpentry, working alongside others and creating a better Kinsman Open Community Garden.
Our plans include building one or more wicking beds (come and learn how!), assembling a water catchment tote support base, retrofitting a tool box into a bench, compost bin installation and learning how to care for mason bees (high pollinators).
And if the sun shines look for our solar trough cooker!
We are on the hunt for materials, seeds, soil amendment ingredients, lumber and more. If you feel you can contribute materials give Charlie a call at 403.929.2909
It's all happening here in London Road Neighbourhood.
June 4th 10-2pm
Herb Spiral Garden workshop. Check 'workshops' tab.
June 11th 12-4pm
Keen For Green Fest at Henderson Lake.
If you wonder how you can help the KOCG there are multiple ways. Some possibilities for participation could include things like:
- Door knocking in the London Road area to let people know about KOCG and give them the opportunity to participate.
- Growing seedlings or finding seedlings to be donated
- Helping with soil amendment and other garden preparation
- Participating in planning, spring planting and making the magic happen!
- Communicating with the local school to help them participate again this year
- Commitment to watering, weeding and general TLC of the garden
- Commitment to consuming the delicious food we grow
- Offering expert advice on how we could improve
- Assistance in putting that good advice into practice
- Hosting a workshop, event or potluck at the garden
- Assistance with harvest and garden clean up
- Possible improvements or expansions we could put into action at KOCG
If you would like to explore any one of these or have an idea on how you would like to help then do attend the KOCG meeting on February 21st!
If you would like to be part of the UF sub-committee or host a workshop on a specific topic relating to urban food call Charlie for more info @ 403.929.2909
a little about us....
The Lethbridge Sustainable Living Association exists to help create sustainable alternatives to Lethbridge and area. In an age of climate change, fossil fuel depletion, political and economic uncertainty we aim to help our city transition to a safer and more sustainable future.
We hope you will find time to work with us in creating this future. Your children will thank you.
to contact us